| User ID | Response |
| 1 | |
| 10 | online courses are a great oppurtunity |
| 100 | I like pie. |
| 101 | We need to involve technology more, but still show the value of a pen and paper, and classic arts not just web design. We need to find a happy medium and keep the old stuff and just add the new. |
| 102 | Pretty much covered everything in Questions 2 and 3. |
| 103 | nope. |
| 104 | I think it's a good idea to ask the students their thoughts as it is their school system that is going to go through a potential change. I think however, that any integration of more technology shouldn't be taken lightly, it should be thought and talked over with a fine toothed comb because there are a lot of downfalls to more and more technology, we only tend to see them when it's too late. |
| 106 | no.. |
| 107 | nope. |
| 108 | No. |
| 11 | Will assignments for online courses be graded faster in the future? |
| 110 | That everything that teachers teach should be straight forward and not talk for an hour about nothing then assign us a assignment on something that wasnt even close to what they were talking about |
| 111 | Nope, everything I thought to say are in my statements up top. |
| 113 | We should be learning the things that are needed for later in life. |
| 114 | i think that teachers in the future should try to teach slower and more efficently, and be more involed in the students school lives. |
| 116 | no |
| 118 | No, Not really. |
| 119 | Its true when they say how if you lock kids in a room for hours, and try to teach them.. it doesnt always work for some people. its hard when it doesnt, because then you dont have a good perspective on the idea of learning I also think that younger kids shouldnt have stupid things like facebook, that would be totally weird. |
| 12 | no |
| 120 | I think that all teacher's should treat their students farely, and that when you hand out a review for and exam that the review should have every thing on it, and there may be a few surprise questions on the exam. Exams should not be surprises to kids. It like how to you expect us to know the question to "why did WW2 start" when you are only teaching us about WW1! |
| 121 | nope |
| 122 | nope |
| 123 | n/a |
| 124 | While watching the video clip, I was learning a lot, because I had never really thought about any of this. If this video is shared, it will bring many thoughts and ideas of a better future. |
| 125 | My thoughts are that if technology do take over education, we should take advantage of that now and try to make changes so it doesn't totally take over it. Technology is just a tool we use to help but I think with teachers it'd be better because if there's a question to ask you can just raise your hand up and ask. |
| 126 | not really. just don't make it too hard on us :) |
| 127 | I think Saskatoon Catholic Cyber school is doing an amazing job at teaching us. I've done better in this school online than I've ever done in an actual classroom. |
| 128 | none |
| 129 | Balance is important. Not excluding technology, but not becoming too dependant on it. |
| 13 | no |
| 130 | this is kind of out thre but i have fairly serious so far so i think that i can be abit unrealistic now, i think that our desk tops not the computer but literally the top of our desk should be a giant touch tablet that way you would waste less paper while still writing with your hand so that that skill wouldnt disapear. |
| 131 | School should be taught traditionally (teachers teaching to students in a classroom.) Therefore students are more motivated to do well, and can ask a teacher for help instead of looking EVERYTHING up online. Traditional standards should still be used, but you should have the option to take some classes online (and move at a faster or slower pace) because everyone learns at a different pace. I feel education should not change other than the fact that other/more courses should be taught in order to satisfy the needs of students. We are the future. We need options, each and every one of us, for how we learn best in the world. |
| 132 | No |
| 133 | I do believe they need to screen teachers better. I and many of my friends have encountered teachers that do not care about youth or anything to do with them. The teacher plays a big role in our learning and when a teacher is not there for us in every way it has a negative effect. A teacher can be the make or break point for a lot of students. |
| 134 | Teachers should not be afraid of the internet. Teachers should learn to use it...it will proablly be required later on in time. I don't think that teachers as long as they know how to use a computer have to worry about the future. Kids are learning the same stuff but in a new way. |
| 135 | No, but all I'm saying is that our world is changing so fast, we might not even know anything about the past. Only in textbooks. |
| 136 | i like cyber school, thank you for it |
| 137 | No. (: |
| 138 | (See above comments) |
| 139 | not any at the moment. sorry I would like to be of more use in this topic, but I fear I'm feeling tired and useless right now. |
| 14 | Nope |
| 141 | there cannot be only one thing such as technology or paper. there should be a mixture of many things even the jobs. having a job gives students more discipline than school so why not to put students in the jobs that school can give them a credit for it. for example, knowing how to use chemicals in environment effects in many good things. In a job you can practically learn to care about environment and protect your self. |
| 142 | . |
| 143 | Teachers will have to be computer savvy. |
| 144 | The future is going to be an exciting adventure. Let's look forward to it. |
| 145 | update your website if you want to keep up with the future |
| 146 | Schools in North America should either follow the Brazilian and/or German system |
| 147 | Not really |
| 148 | in not to far away, we will learn by being pluged into the computer and not actually have to learn anything as we do now. |
| 149 | Nope. Thanks. |
| 15 | no |
| 151 | I love learning on the computer, the only thing that worries me is when my eyes get strained from looking at the computers too long. If people are to learn and spend most of their day looking at a screen, the screen must be more eye friendly and not have glares or be brights. More classes on the arts need to be made online. |
| 152 | nope |
| 153 | no |
| 16 | Not really. |
| 17 | None. |
| 18 | very good video... |
| 19 | There are some ways of teaching children that are just not fair. Some kids learn faster than others, and vice versa. There needs to be more options of learning for each kid. |
| 20 | This video had a good point, but I found the little boy slightly creepy at the end. I do however believe that there will end up being a lot more technology in classrooms and school, but it would be a shame for kids to miss out on the school experience. |
| 21 | not today |
| 22 | ~ |
| 23 | to add to my last answere I think that kids in grade 3 know more about this world and their society then the average adult did 50 years ago. but the things like respect, order, moral decency and disipline have been lost throughout the past 1o years of the education world. |
| 24 | i think my kids will have great future due to education advances. |
| 25 | I could go on forever it seems but none of my opinions matter much anyways lol. |
| 26 | no |
| 27 | I hope my children can learn easily when they enter the school system. I hope my children have the same thirst for knowledge as I do. |
| 28 | I enjoyed some of those facts on the video. |
| 3 | .... |
| 30 | I love cyber school if I had not found cyber school despite my aspiration to be more, to learn more. I would have dropped out of school, It is hard to learn in a room of 30 people and be able to focus, not just that but people seem to have to fit in they have to be a part of a world they are not, and that is hard. many people are pushed trough school and dont go far I belive that every peorson can learn but not all at the same level certian people can learn fast and one thing and slow at another and when you are forced to go through all at the same level people often fret they fail, drop out and sometimes worse people cant hadel that stress. |
| 31 | Nope |
| 32 | no |
| 33 | no |
| 34 | I am able to grasp concepts quickly so for me working at home would be ideal because I would be able to work ahead and finish early. |
| 35 | no |
| 36 | no |
| 37 | mooooo. |
| 38 | Nope! |
| 39 | Nope. |
| 40 | no |
| 41 | Not really. |
| 42 | nope :) |
| 43 | nope |
| 44 | The only other thought i have is that i think that teachers should really begin to teach us by preparing us for our future world not the past world. |
| 45 | I hope to see a change in a short period of time. |
| 46 | no |
| 47 | Social interactions are still very important. Online courses cannot completely function like a normal classroom. |
| 49 | and again. |
| 50 | I wish we were just born with the knowledge we need. |
| 51 | technology is a great tool and a great tool comes with great responsibility. |
| 52 | no |
| 53 | No. |
| 54 | People in America have to stop being lazy. |
| 55 | no |
| 56 | More quality of education if technological way of education have a supervision of a teacher |
| 57 | computers can help us out |
| 58 | I think that teachers are a big part of education. Sure you can take a course online but it is much more helpful to have a teacher in class, who knows the subject well. I find teachers help a lot more at explaining things well sso that all students understand. |
| 6 | technology is the way forward |
| 60 | no |
| 61 | Nope. |
| 62 | We should put learning and technology together in Schools. it'll be like Philosphers Preaching Science. |
| 64 | no |
| 65 | I personally think that there should be a balance between cyber schooling and teachers being able to teach they should go back to how education used to be 10 years ago |
| 66 | I think that schools should introduce more technology into students life because right now we are surrounded by many technology like the cell phone, iPod, etc. So students may learn more through technology. |
| 67 | id rather be freerunning than using cyberschool. and technology can not teach someone how to freerun. |
| 68 | n/a |
| 69 | nope |
| 70 | I think that if teachers become more aware of the child's well being and become a personal beacon of educators, it will teach the children that there is more out there than the objective world of knowledge. |
| 71 | no it was good |
| 72 | My opinion is that I like the way education is right now. I think the problem is with the teachers not the curriculum. In Saskatchewan Education is way too easy to get in too. I have observed that many interns had gone into education because they were lazy and they did not know what else to take. A lot of them lack teaching skills, such as communication. Some teachers however, are very good at teaching and more teachers like these should be hired and paid more. They're good at explaining, have patience and are filled with information about what they teach. |
| 73 | Educators need advancement too to share for the solid foundation of children's education. Children that will be the future of every nation. |
| 74 | Cyber school is a step in the right direction. It allows people to learn at their own pace. |
| 75 | People need to have one on one time with techers to understand the concepts. School is to learn and if someone is struggling then they will continue to struggle until they get the help they need. Classes should be smaller. |
| 76 | nope. |
| 77 | nope, im done. |
| 78 | I hope to see education move forwards, not backwards. Also that the curriculum is full of valuable things students should know to make them better prepared for post secondary education. I hope students can become more independant within their studies. |
| 79 | Adults today, need to start listening and reflecting on studies or discoveries that scientists and psychologists are making. |
| 8 | nope! |
| 80 | no. |
| 82 | I think that if students used new technologies while learning other subjects it would help us to understand them better. For example, in an English class, we could read the books then answer questions online. Also if classes were all based online kids could work at their own paces. The kids that catch on quicker could move on quicker. Then the kids that didn't fully understand could still ask the teachers and get help as they needed. It would be easier for kids to learn since everyone is different and has different learning styles. |
| 83 | I agree that education has been working largely on an antiquated system, and needs to change to meet the demands of the future for it's students. |
| 84 | i want the four computers like you have. |
| 85 | I wish Computer Games are never Invented, Eventhough I like them :D |
| 93 | it was a good video that imfomed me on how on our education is taught, and how it will be taught in the future. |
| 94 | None, except that I approve of technology playing a larger role in both other's and my own education. |
| 95 | Not really. |
| 96 | Not really |
| 97 | no |
| 99 | education needs to be more fun for people to actaully enjoy it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment