Communication, Did you have to contact your child's teacher?
• No
• Other courses they sent the final mark. Would of appreciated an update when the course was going along.
• Yes, I have contacted his teacher to ask about my son's progress, to thank him/her for updates, and also to let him know that he had been ill.
• Yes, I contacted Raquel's teacher. I found that the cyberschool structure allows children too much freedom to move at their own speed. Cyberschool students should be monitored much more closely. I will never allow one of my children to take cyberschool again. In Raquel's case, she consistently has an 80% to 85% average in her high school classes. But when it came to cyberschool, she fell behind to such a degree that she actually had to take the same course twice, and I'm not sure that she will have a very good grade when she finally finishes her course. When she first registered to take the course in Fall of 2010, she told me halfway through the course that she didn't think she would be able to finish. I contacted Mr. Remizowski and withdrew her from the class. When she registered for the same course in February of 2011, I spoke with a guidance counsellor (Mrs. Gordon) at Holy Cross and she monitored Raquel. When it became evident that Raquel was falling behind, she told Raquel that she would have to stay in school every day during Period 5 (normally a spare) to work on her cyberschool course. I also got in touch with the instructor for the course (Mr. Chateigner). Although Mr. Chateigner was helpful, he could only do so much, such as send out an email reminder if she hadn't been active on cyberschool for 9 days.
• Yes, a couple of times the final marks seemed to be lower than expected. When I asked the teachers to take a second look they had found errors and the mark was corrected one by 12% and the other by 3% I think.
• I had contact with my childs teacher as well as my child contacted her teacher to go over a mark she was given. Both occasions were handled well and taken care of quickly.
• Not so far.
• No
• Never
• Just a final email to thank him for repsponding quickly to any of Nicholas' quesitons via email.
• No.
• Yes. I contacted him only after hearing for the first time that our son was very behind. I sent an email inquiry to him as to why we had not been informed earlier.
• no
• Very good communication, quick response time as well.
• no
• Yes, we did speak via email.
• No.
• No
• no
• no
• No
• We have never talked to a cyber teacher personally. I don't even think we as parents e-mailed the teachers. Our two cyber sons contacted them occasionally to ask questions or get clarification.
• No
• No
• No not at all.
• I didn't, but my daughter did.
• no
• I encouraged my kids to contact their teacher - as they were the ones doing the work - they were the ones that needed to understand it and figure it out their own way (and they pretty much didn't want me to intervene).
• Ben has emailed the teacher at least twice. The first time he asked for the teacher to consider his answer. The math questions are so tricky and poorly written that it's difficult to tell how he's supposed to answer the question. The teacher was able to give him consideration on the question. The second time Ben and his Dad emailed again to complain about the wording of the questions and the unnecessary trickiness of it. This is math: it's not teaching him anything if he gets the answer but the wording of the question is so screwed up he can't communicate the answer and get credit for it.
• Yes as I received an email stating she was very behind in her assignments. Jaden has always been very independent so I assumed she was doing OK as I often asked her but did not check myself.I asked information and received it quickly
• Yes with one child I emailed a teacher to discuss some options and to find out the exact date the final had to be written as was started late in the year so there was the summer downtime and then was not sure when the end was.
• No
• "Not this time, and not with this class, but I did with my other daughter and the class
• she took. She had issues with the website, and trying to get an exam or an
• assignment in, and the site was down."
• Yes, I needed to contact my child's teacher to explain his absence during the Canada Winter Games.
• I did not contact the teacher myself but they did contact me.
• No, but she has contacted me.
• "Yes, I had to respond to the teacher's concern in regards to my daughters back-log. I also wrote the principal a note saying that I was aware of the work my daughter had to accomplish.
• "
• Yes - I received a letter from the school indicating that if Chantal did not receive an adequate mark in her cyberschool class, that she would not graduate high school. I contacted her, Ms. Shervan and she quickly responded, and continued keeping me informed of my daughter's progress.
• No
• No, we did not have to contact our child's teacher.
• Only a couple times in the past two years mainly for my own clarification.
• No
• No, but your administrative personnel were extremely helpful with registration, etc.
• not personally, my son has.
• No.
• Yes, to follow up on child's progress.
• The teacher contacted me to let me know how she was doing.
• Yes, I have talked to a couple of the teachers. For the most part, they have been very approachable and helpful. I have been impressed by their willingness to be available and find solutions wherever possible.
• No
• Yes. As a way to encourage my child focus on accomplishing the set task.
• No
• no
• Just counselors.
No comments:
Post a Comment