Have you ever wondered what students expect from you as a teacher? Do they think you can text, use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social media? In this fast moving world of ours it is impossible to keep up with the the new innovative tools springing up daily on the internet. In a recent conversation with a cousin of mine, she asked, "Do you ever feel overwhelmed with trying to keep up with the applications and technology? How do you know what to use in the classroom?" My response was that I have to invest the time to keep up with the rapidly changing digital media. I do feel overwhelmed at times when I am exposed to the barrage of new media. However, I prioritize on what I can utilize to impact my students. I also make a conscious attempt to read up on what works with other teachers by belonging to a variety of social media groups such as Twitter, Classroom 2.0, educators PLN, Diigo Educators, and others
Can We Keep Up? | HisTeched: Musings in US History and Education
No comments:
Post a Comment