Have you ever been told....you think outside the box, or that you should try to think outside the box. Box is a term which is thrown around alot in education. For people involved in education is it necessary to think outside the for education to be success? Is the box a bad thing? What exactly is the box? Are we talking about the country's political box, the curriculum box, the country box, the school division box, the classroom box, the school box, the student age box, the gender box? I am really confused, too many boxes and all with personal self interest and a real loss ofunderstanding that education is about the students. Is this the reason why home schooling is on the rise? So the next time someone says that you think outside the box ask them "Which box?" and then don't wait around for an answer they might tell you and wreck the compliment. At least I think it is a compliment when someone says you think outside the box, at least I think it is...maybe I better ask someone in the box, any idea where I can find a box...never mind... I will just say thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment