At this time, I have been presented two proposals for my position for next year. In a nutshell, two possibilities, I become assistant principal at Holy Cross (.75 admin, .25 cyber admin) or I remain project leader at SCCS (.75 admin .25 teacher).
So like most things in my life I weighed the positives and the negatives and decided to stay as the project leader for the cyber school. In time I did become the administrator for the cyber school but not right away.
The Assistant Principal Positives.
- Good for my career.
- Working with Dennis
- Understand Holy Cross after 6 months
- Wage
- Large Learning Curve.
- Understood by all
- Has the cyber school housed here.
- Back in main stream.
The Cyber school Positives
- A new unique initiative.
- Computers
- Working with the teachers involved.
- See course working.
- Finish project.
- Bring new leader up to speed.
- Flexible hours
- Develop vision.
- Large learning curve
- Understanding of whole system.
The Assistant Principal Negatives.
- In same building as Cyber school
- Unknown workload.
- Masters
- Computer
- Will not do justice to both.
- Mentally not possible to commit to both.
- Setting SCCS back a year.
- Selfish
The Cyber school Negatives
- Wage
- Unknown elements.
- Politics from downtown.
- Hours
- Lack of technology at home.
- Not understood by all.
The most logical and best thing for the system is for me to stay as project leader for one more year. The only reason I am not being given that position is because the administration gave me their word that the cyber school will not stay in the way of my career. I appreciate the fact they are men of their word but me leaving will hurt the project, and a year from now it will not. I will be taking a large pay cut by not taking the A.P. position. The difference is about 8 thousand dollars over the year. What kind of a person would I be if I took the A.P. position and let 6 months of work fall behind. At the same time they know that if I take the A.P. position I will be making sure the SCCS position is working fine, which will result in me spreading myself very thin or not doing justice to either position. The fact that I have been guaranteed a A.P. position in the 2001-2002 year is a positive development but who will that effect if there is no movement in that year.
Maybe the difference in salary can be made up somehow if I decide to stay with the Cyber School? Pay for my masters?
No comments:
Post a Comment