Wednesday, 25 February 2009

I think I am honoured - no pun intended.

Dear NCU PHD Education Honor Student: *******

Congratulations! Due to your outstanding scholastic achievements as an NCU learner in the field of education, you have been nominated for membership in Kappa Delta Pi, one of the largest and most prestigious educational honor societies in the world. Our chapter, Alpha Delta Epsilon, was installed at Northcentral University on June 15, 2007, and was the first chapter chartered by KDP at a virtual university. Additional information about our chapter may be found at http://www.kdp-ade.org or in our discussion folder in the 'Honor Societies' section of the NCU discussion board. *******

When seeking membership as a graduate student, a candidate must:
1.121 have full graduate standing at Northcentral University.
1.122 have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher for all graduate coursework completed.
1.123 exemplify worthy educational ideals.
1.124 express an intention of continuing in the field of education.
1.125 give evidence of leadership abilities.
1.126 have completed fifteen (15) or more semester hours of graduate work at Northcentral University.


Up here in Canada we do not know much about these Pies should I be honoured?

1 comment:

Michael Barbour said...

Somewhat... They are usually based upon attaining a minimum grade point average (which is usually set at a fairly high level). In Canada, you often see folks making the Dean's List. This is kind of the American version of that, only it is more like an academic co-ed fraternity. I was nominated into the UGA one upon graduation.